Participating school sites receive annual outcome reports that demonstrate the progress of students participating in the Roots Program. We use an evidence-based assessment tool, as well as student data, including grades, attendance and discipline records to evaluate student progress. Expected outcomes include the following:
- Improved Academic Performance.
- Increase in GPA, overall attendance, standardized test scores, and credits earned.
- Improved connection with school, including peers, teachers, counselors, etc.
- Improved Behavioral Health.
- Increase in personal control.
- Decrease in disciplinary problems and student/teacher conflicts.
- Decrease in substance use and related problems.
- Decrease in violence, including gang involvement and related activities.
- Improved Emotional Health
- Decreased symptoms of anger, depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety and other mental health
- Increase of healthy coping skills for managing stressful conditions and making positive decisions.
- Improved connection with family systems.
Parent Support Groups